The Mystery Blogger Award
I had never heard of the Mystery Blogger award before, up until a few days ago when the lovely Naomi (also known as Inching Forwards) nominated me for it. You can check out her blog here and read her answers to the questions she was asked as part of this award here. Naomi's blog is amazing and I always enjoy reading her posts. She blogs about lifestyle, mental health, politics, and writes reviews.
What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
The award was created by Okoto Enigma, who created this award in order to help all of the amazing blogs/bloggers who are yet to be discovered and to give them the recognition they deserve. By creating an award that other bloggers can be nominated for and then nominate other bloggers for, this helps to create a friendly community of bloggers and to help build links with others within the blogging community. It is called the Mystery Blogger Award as Enigma (the creator of this award) means mystery; as well as there being many blogs out there without the recognition they deserve, therefore being a mystery to us until we have discovered them.
The Mystery Blogger Award is (according to the creator) "an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging; and they do it with so much love and passion." ~ Okoto Enigma
The Mystery Blogger Award Rules:
1. Put the award logo on your blog
2. List the rules
3. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog
4. Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well
5. Tell your readers three facts about yourself
6. Nominate between ten and twenty bloggers
7. Notify your nominees
8. Ask your nominees any five questions of your choice (with one weird or funny question)
9. Share a link to your best post(s)
Three facts about me:
1. I have never watched or read anything in the Harry Potter series. It was not really a big thing in my childhood and none of my friends at the time where interested in it either. I do not really have any intent in watching any of the films or reading any of the books anytime soon as I feel that those who do, do it because it was a massive part of their childhoods and they want to relive that time (although I could be wrong).
2. I absolutely hate hot drinks. Whenever I have attempted to drink tea, coffee, or hot chocolate I have always ended up spitting it out and either start gagging or actually throw up. The only hot drink I have ever been able to drink and still feel relatively okay afterwards is hot honey and lemon when I am ill, but even then I still almost always start gagging once I have drank it.
3. My favourite TV show in the whole wide world is FRIENDS. Even though I still think overall that British comedies are better than American comedies, FRIENDS will always be the best show. Yes, the show does have its faults and some of the jokes are quite outdated, however I do not think any show has aged well as they were written to suit the views of the world at the time that they aired.
Answers to Naomi's questions:
1. How are you today? ~ At the time of writing this, I am pretty okay. I have been to work and got some food for myself and my cats, but I am a little tired as I write this. But overall, so far, today has been a relatively good day.
2. If you could design your own creature and keep it as a pet, what would it be like? ~ It would be this magical creature that is kind of like a unicorn but it also has wings and has the ability to change colour every three or four months. I would be able to use it as a mode of transport as it can fly, and it can fly to absolutely anywhere in the world, to help save the environment and lower my carbon footprint.
3. What have you done this week that made you feel good about yourself? ~ I have not necessarily done a good deed but I have come to some realisations about a few things that have been worrying me recently. I came to the realisation that it is okay for me to be single, that I should stop trying to force a relationship and let things happen naturally, and that I have YEARS to find someone, settle down, and have a family. These realisations have made me feel a lot better about myself and have given me a better outlook on what the future may look like.
4. What kind of music are you into at the moment? ~ This is something I have been into FOREVER and it is music from the late nineties/early noughties. I was born in 2000 and have pretty much grown up with this music and will listen to it as long as I live. You can listen to my late nineties/early noughties playlist here.
5. Where do you feel most happy and calm? ~ My bedroom. It is my comfort zone and is the place where I spend the majority of my time. It is one of very few places where I actually feel safe and if that was ever taken away from me then I do not know what I would do.
My Mystery Blogger Award nominees:
(Apologies in advance if you have already been nominated)
5. The Corsetry
10. Nyxie's Nook
Five questions for my Mystery Blogger Award nominees:
1. What is your main goal in life and do you feel you have achieved it?
2. Do you have any pets? If so, how many, what type, what are their names, and how old are they?
3. You are driving a bus. At the first stop, two women get on. At the second stop, three men get off and one woman gets off. At the third stop, three kids and their mum get on, and a man gets off. The bus is grey, and it is raining outside. What colour is the bus driver's hair?
4. You are given the ability to change only one thing in the world? What do you change and why?
5. If you could only listen to one artist/band's songs over and over again for the rest of your life, which artist/band would it be and why?
My best posts:
1. Why I fear I am going to be alone for the rest of my life
2. What is wrong with the education system - a professional's perspective
3. How my parent's marriage has impacted on my life
Love Beth xx